My ten quarantine resolutions



Translation: Mariana Rimoldi-Sevellec
March 25th, 2020

Dear diary:

  1. As recommended by an American self-help book from the 90’s that I found at home (“The 45-page happiness”), this is to let you know what my ten resolutions are for as long as this quarantine lasts:   I I will give Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius one last chance. Maybe this time I’ll get it, or else I’ll have to convince myself that it was another one of Borges’ jokes.
  2. I will treasure the temporary discontinuation of visiting guests.
  3.  I will overcome the neurological disorder that prevents me from playing simultaneously with two hands what I can successfully play with each hand, separately, on a keyboard. I’m not talking Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony here, just Three Blind Mice, by way of example.  
  4. I will celebrate the fact that there are calamities that spread faster than Peronism.
  5.  I will read Dante’s Divine Comedy, though I doubt it’s likely to interest me much.
  6.  I won’t pay a single tax to the Argentine Government.
  7. I will concoct a good scheme to get revenge on the expensive prick who assured me he had repaired the dishwasher.
  8. I will laugh out loud at those who need to pretend to be swamped with work-related videoconferences.
  9. In case I end up lying on the less convenient side of the grass, I will go over the video featuring my final speech for my funeral, which will be broadcast via Zoom even if the quarantine is over, so as not to go about bothering people post-mortem.
  10. I will remind myself that I shouldn’t make a habit of these privileges and that living as if we were in a theme park is only transitory.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Huracán vs. Belgrano de Córdoba. La crónica.

Día de la Tradición

Che, ocupate un poco más de tu vecino